Can you wear a sleeveless dress without feeling self-conscious? Well, if not then join the club! Most of us are terribly conscious of the fact that, our arms are too flabby, they sag, and they jiggle and basically have a life of their own! The predicament is faced by most men and women. Women want toned arms and men want firm bulging arms straining at their muscle tee sleeves. So, explore more of how to lose arm fat?
There are people whose bodies are slim yet their arms are super flabby, as a result of which their arms look disproportionate. They need to employ some simple toning exercises to slim down and tighten their arm muscles. Let’s bust one myth once and for all, spot reducing is not possible one needs to reduce their overall fat percentage to make their bodies proportionate and shapely. So start exercising now, to get back in shape and also to tone your flabby arms!
Why do you have Arm Fat?
You will be surprised to know that the unsightly fat on your arms is not only because you are not following the right diet and exercise regime, but also there might be number of reasons for you piling on the kilos on your arm of all places! So, what’s the real issue? Flab on the back of the arms can mean that you have low testosterone levels.
Testosterone is regarded as one of the main “lean hormones” for both men and women, but it is not given much importance to the fairer sex. Females is said to have much lower testosterone levels compared to men, but many women tend to have even lower than normal levels mainly due to stress or other factors like:
- Protein intake is not adequate.
- Lifting light weights and hence it does not challenge your muscles.
- The training levels are not intense enough, like you are not doing long-distance sprints or not doing interval training which helps you to lean out considerably.
- Not sleeping for the requisite hours, read not getting enough rest.
- Too much estrogen exposure, by eating foods that are hormone-laden like meat and dairy. Drinking water out of plastic water bottles, on birth control pills and using cosmetics that are not parabens-free.
Train your Biceps and Triceps
When you train your arms you need to concentrate on your biceps and triceps, the main two muscles which help in increasing the strength of the arms. The triceps are found on the back of the arm and are often neglected particularly by men, who rather train the muscle that they can see would read their biceps. So all the men out there if you want bigger arms, you must certainly give special emphasis on the triceps muscles.
That does not mean that you should ignore your biceps. Biceps are located at the front of the arm; biceps are the muscle which lends strength to your arms, whenever somebody is asked to show their strength, they are more likely to flex their bicep muscles.
It does not only help to portray a picture of strength but is pretty useful for practical purposes as well. A strong set of biceps will help you to pull off any back exercise with aplomb, also it will help in improving posture and in turn, it will also reduce the chances of any pain or injuries that might affect you.
Ten Best Exercises to Reduce Arm Fat
If you want to lean out and reduce your arm fat it is not necessary that you have to join a gym or something. You can achieve the same results at your home with the available props to substitute for gym equipment. So you can’t complain that you do not have access to a gym, and expensive equipment.
All you need is oodles of confidence and determination. Check out these immensely effective arm fat exercises to tone down your arms in real quick time! Toned arms are not something you are born with but if you spend some time sweating it out and doing arm specific exercises, you can create a difference.
- Diamond push-up- They are like any push-ups, except that you have to bring your hands very close. These are great for your triceps.
Start in a push-up position with your thumbs and index fingers of each hand touching to make a diamond shape.
While bringing your elbows as close to your side as possible, lower yourself down until your chest touches the back of your hands, so you have to push yourself really low.
Keep your abs, glutes and so on super tight throughout the movement.
Push back up to the starting position and repeat.
- Plank Ups- These are superlative options to tighten and tone your muscles. This exercise also engages your abs, so a bit of a bonus in the offing especially when you are trying to answer the question how to reduce arm fat?
Start in a high plank. Bend one arm to bring your elbow and your forearm to the floor.
Bring the other arm down so you are in a forearm plank.
Push back up to the start position, placing each hand where your elbows were.
Repeat this movement, alternating which side you lower first with each rep.
- Inchworm- This is a terrific exercise to target all the muscles in your arms. Though it looks easy, it is not so simple to do.
Start standing with feet hip-width apart. Lean forward at your hips and place your palms on the mat. You can bend your knees if you want but do get your palms flat on the floor.
Inch your hands forward so that you’re in high plank position. Your shoulders should be stacked directly above your wrists.
For an extra challenge, you can even add a push-up.
Walk your hands back toward feet and stand up.
- Triceps Dips- This targets the stubborn fat at the back of your arms. So you need to include this exercise for sure if you have flab on the back of your arms.
Sit on the ground with your legs right in front and your back facing up against a box or step. Place your palms on the box or step behind you, fingers facing toward your body.
Straighten your arms to lift your legs and butt off the ground, and then bend your elbows to lower back down but ensure your butt does not touch the floor.
Keep your heels rooted on the ground, and ensure you keep your elbows directly behind your body during this exercise.
- Plank Taps- Give your arm workout the right zing with this tough one. This is a plank with a twist.
Start in high plank with your feet hip-distance apart.
Then tap your left hand on your right shoulder while keeping your core tight and keep your glutes and hips as still as possible.
Continue, alternating sides.
- Lateral Plank Walks- A plank is such an effective workout, and you will find various variations of the same to make it more challenging and this is also one of the best exercises to lose arm fat.
Start in high plank position with your shoulders above your wrists and abs engaged.
Step your right foot and your right hand to right side immediately following with your left foot and your left hand. Take a few walk on your fours in one direction, and then retrieve your steps.
- Elevated Push-Up- Take your push up, to the next level by doing the elevated push-up. It activates your muscles and gives it a mean workout.
Start in high plank with your hands resting on a low box, bench, step, or couch.
Keeping your elbows close to your torso, bend your arms and lower your chest to meet the top of the box.
Be sure to keep your core tight and spine long. Then, push through your palms to straighten arms.
- Towel curl- Using a towel as a prop; give your arms a thorough workout with this effective workout.
You create a sling with a towel to use as a step; it will allow you to provide as little resistance as required.
Take a large bath towel and fold it over a few times, and then hold one end in each hand. Stand with your back leaning against a wall, and keep your feet about 1 foot in front of you.
Keeping your right knee slightly bent, bend your left knee, and position your left foot in the center of the towel.
Keep your upper arms still, and then curl the edges of the towel toward you, using your foot to resist the movement. Pause for some time at the top of the move, and then return to the starting position. Repeat sets as you would use dumbbells, switching legs halfway through.
- Plank Jacks- The weight of the entire body rests on the shoulders, thus giving your arms an effective workout.
Start in a high plank.
Keeping your core tight, jump your feet out and in like jumping jacks on all fours.
If your wrists don’t hold up, try this move on your forearms.
- Push-Up- This is one of the exercises which work on your entire body, and your arms benefit hugely if you do regular push-ups.
Start in high plank with your shoulders above your wrists and your spine long.
Try to bend your elbows and lower your body to the mat.
Push through the palms of your hands to straighten your arms. You can even drop to your knees if the move proves to be challenging to you.
Losing your arm fat is not as difficult as it is regarded. You have to be disciplined and also need to concentrate on your food and water intake. Be patient, you will definitely get results if you don’t give up and soon your flabby arms will be a thing of the past.
Latest posts by Anastasia (see all)
- 7 tips to improve your sleep - Apr 25, 2017
- Choose a pregnancy specialist doctor whom you can trust - Apr 25, 2017
- Why you should use a runner belt for off track races - Apr 25, 2017