Unwanted black spots and dark patches on the skin can be easily lightened or even eliminated. Dark spots, patches, and other unsightly marks on the face may be due to excess secretion of melanin.
This outcome may be due to overexposure to the sun, hormonal imbalances, pregnancy in women, taking medications, vitamin deficiencies, insufficient sleep, too much stress, etc.
Indeed, spots and patches on the cheeks, forehead or chin, can be rather embarrassing and can even lead to lack of self-confidence and self-loving. Treatments, such as acid peels and laser surgeries, do help, but not everyone can afford them.
So you can opt for simple, homemade remedies with natural ingredients to reduce the appearance of blemishes on your face.
Here are top 10 home remedies that can restore your glowing facial complexion:.
1. Lemon juice
This quick-and-cheap lemon juice solution for your facial skin problems can be found in your kitchen or your nearest farmers’ market. Lemons have vitamin C that can fade away dark spots on your face.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Soak some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly onto the affected skin area.
2. Allow it to completely dry and then wash it off with plain water.
3. Continue to apply this dark spot-removal remedy for at least 14 days to get the desired effect.
If you have very delicate sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with plain water, rosewater, or some organic honey. Lime juice can be also used to wipe away black spots by applying it in the same manner as described above.
The buttermilk is also efficient in getting rid of blemishes. Similarly to the lemon juice, it also helps whiten blemishes and black spots only without any burning sensation.
Here’s how to prepare it:
1. Take 4 teaspoons of buttermilk.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
3. Mix the two ingredients (both have excellent bleaching properties) and then apply it to the skin.
4. Wash it from your face after 15-20 minutes.
What is the whitening effect due to? Well, the lactic acid in milk too, will gradually reduce skin pigmentation, and brighten and tone your overall skin complexion. So, if you do not have any buttermilk at hand, simply soak a cotton ball in plain milk and dab it directly on your spots. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then wash it off. Repeat this procedure twice a day for a month or as long as needed.
You can also prepare a natural solution by mixing cow or goat milk and raw honey and apply the solution to your dark spots, leaving it on for at least 10 minutes.
Did you know that oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation? You can always apply an oatmeal mask to your face and neck to remove dead skin cells and black spots.
Here’s how you prepare it:
1. Grind half a cup of rolled oats.
2. Add 3 or 4 tbsp. of lemon juice to make a fine spreadable paste.
3. Scrub it on your skin and wash it off with lukewarm water when it dries out.
If it becomes messy and difficult to handle, use a clean cloth soaked in warm water or plain milk to remove the mask. Use this treatment at least once a week.
An almond-based mask is not only good at spot removal, but it is also a very nourishing skin mask.
Here’s how to prepare it:
1. Take 8-10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight to soften them.
2. Peel off the almond skin and grind them in the morning.
3. Add 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon of raw honey in it.
4. Mix them to make a fine paste.
5. Apply it to your face.
6. Leave it on for about half an hour, and then rinse it off.
The sandalwood is another known cosmetic agent for your problematic skin.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Make a thick spreadable paste of these ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder,
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin and
- 3 tablespoons of rose water.
Note: If you don’t have rose water, you can use milk or honey instead.
2. Apply the thick paste to the affected skin area, and just leave it on for a few minutes.
Wash off the paste with lukewarm water.
3. Practice this remedy daily until your black spots gradually disappear.
6. Potato slices
Your vegetable kitchen drawer is another good source of a home remedy for black spots or dark blotches.
Potatoes can be applied to the skin in one of these 2 ways:
1. Slice up a healthy peeled potato and place one slice directly on the black spots. Let it sit on for a few minutes, and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
2. You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.
Some people have also shared big success using ripe tomatoes to get rid of dark black spots within just a few weeks!
7. Aloe vera gel
The famous Aloe vera plant has abundant healing properties, and among them certainly is its highly corrective effect for dark spots on the facial tissue.
Here’s how you can use it:
1. Apply the Aloe vera gel directly to the dark patches and black specks.
2. Gently massage the area with your fingertips for a few minutes.
3. Repeat this once or twice daily in the course of a few weeks to fade your skin colorations.
If the gel becomes messy, use a clean piece of cotton cloth, soaked in warm water, to remove the mask.
Repeat this skin cleaning once or twice a week.
A hint: Vitamin E and castor oil are useful in getting rid of black spots as well.
8. Turmeric mask
Turmeric is another popular skin-improving agent that can be applied to eliminate black spots on your face. It has also shown effective for removing sun spots and age spots.
Here’s how you can make it:
1. Make a thick paste of these 3: turmeric, milk and lemon juice (you can experiment with the ingredients’ ratios to suit your skin texture).
2. Apply it to the skin where you see black spots.
3. Let it rest on the skin spots for a few minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Note: Another option is to make a paste of turmeric, honey and olive oil and gently massage it into the affected skin area. Leave it on until it completely dries out and then wash the area with plenty of water.
9. Papaya mask
The enzymes found in the papaya fruit can you help even out skin tone and fade black spots as well.
Since the papaya contains papain, an enzyme that exfoliates the skin encouraging production of new derma, you can safely and frequently use this mask.
We suggest 2 ways you can use papaya for your skin:
1. Apply the pulp of ripe papaya to the skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes – then rinse it off.
2. Another way is to grate green papaya and add lime juice to it. Apply this mixture to black spots and allow it to sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
You can also use the papaya skin as an excellent scrub for smoothing your knees and elbows.
10. Fresh onion juice
The onion juice is made by using a juicer, blender or grater.
This juice can be applied in a couple of ways:
1. Dip a clean cotton swab into fresh onion juice and dab it directly on the affected skin area and allow it to dry naturally.
2. Another option is to apply a combination of:
1 tablespoon of onion juice and
2 tablespoons of honey on the spots for about 20 minutes.
Note: If you have oily skin, you can add some organic apple cider vinegar in the solution as well.
• Depending on your skin type, these home remedies may only help to lighten the color of facial spots and not remove them entirely. For conventional therapies, you should consult a dermatologist.
• New spots or skin variations may need to be examined by a physician to make sure they are not due to a more serious health condition.
SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS PLEASE