If you are looking for something which will treat many issues that your body experiences, such as an infection, a cold or even cardiovascular disease, and you’d like to keep yourself healthy at the same time, you should make yourself a combination of these 3 amazing ingredients included in our drink recipe, which will solve all your problems.
It is important to keep in mind that while combining some super foods together you enjoy the extra benefits that the combination provides you, compared to ingesting them alone.
Our recipe is an old German recipe which will improve your overall health and it requires only 3 simple ingredients from your kitchen: garlic, lemon and ginger. Here is some information of how powerful these foods are:
- Garlic– It is one of the major antiseptic, antiviral and antibacterial foods and maybe also one of the world’s healthiest foods. It is the compound allicin in garlic which makes garlic so beneficial. Garlic also contains: manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, selenium and fiber.
- Ginger- The major antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that ginger contains are the following: gingerols, beta-carotene, capsaicin, caffeic acid, curcumin and salicylate. Therefore it is noted that it helps with digestive issues, pain, inflammation and nausea.
- Lemon- We all know that whenever we need a high amount of vitamin C, the perfect supplier is lemon. It alkalizes our body, boosts our immune system, balances our pH and protects our body from disease.
Dosage of the ingredients to prepare the recipe:
- 2 liters/ 67.6 oz of filtered water
- 4 unpeeled lemons
- 4 large garlic bulbs
- 4 cm/1.5 inches long ginger root
- First, wash the lemons and cut them into slices. After that, clean the garlic cloves and peel the ginger root.
- Put all the ingredients together in a blender and mix until you get a homogenous content.
- Put the content in a pot on a heated hot plate, and add the water. Stir it constantly until it boils and let it cool off afterwards.
- Use a strainer and keep the liquid that you’ll get, in glass bottles.
- Keep the drink refrigerated.
You should drink a glass of the remedy every morning on an empty stomach before you drink or eat anything. You can also drink it 2 hours before you go to sleep, also on an empty stomach.
If you feel averse to the garlic and its smell, be sure that you will not even get the taste of it, because of the cooking process and also because of the strong taste that the lemon and ginger give.
Before you drink, shake the bottle to mix all the ingredients, because the ginger may stay on the bottom of the bottle and by shaking it before drinking you’ll get the most of our recipe. Enjoy!