Other names: Burn Plant, Aloe, Elephant’s gall, Lily of the Desert Latin names: Aloe Barbadensis, Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is no wonder called the plant of immortality because it sure justifies its name. The Egyptians were well familiar with its amazing properties and moreover with its amazing ability to cure and heal diseases and conditions since ancient times.
Appealing by looks, aloe vera can not only decorate your home, but most importantly it can help you solve many problems. It contains 99% water and we all know how important water is, the remaining 1% is the potent part of aloe which lead Native Americans to call this plant the “Wand of Nature”.
Aloe Vera is member of the lily family, spiky greenish plant, short in growth, but high in benefits.
Here are 50 reasons why should you choose Aloe Vera over any other plant:
- Due to its cooling properties, aloe vera is perfect for sunburn
- Helps you reduce the itch from insect bites
- Reduces rashes
- Helps you treat burns like grease splatters
- Eliminates blue and black bruises
- Use the aloe’s insides as a body scrub in the shower
- Mix of aloe vera and vitamin E oil is a potent healer for burns
- Helps you relieve rashes from allergic skin reactions
- Aloe Vera fights dry skin, it’s a great moisturizer!
- Treats acne, pimples or similar skin imperfections
- Treats herpes outbreaks
- Heals tissue damage due frostbite
- Helps with Psoriasis
- Prevents premature aging and appearance of wrinkles
- It can be used as a foot mask- mix 4 Tbsp. aloe vera, half a cup of oatmeal, half a cup of neutral body lotion and half a cup of corn meal. Great for treating your feet
- Fights Eczema
- Treats Rosacea
- Helps you fight scarring
- Prevents stretch marks
- Fights Athlete’s Food
- Reduces pigmentation
- Removes dark spots
- Reduces warts
- Promotes hair growth by massaging the scalp with the aloe vera gel
- It has laxative effect
- Removes dandruff – mix wheat germ oil, coconut oil and aloe vera juice. Massage and rinse
- Use it as make up removal
- Helps treat vaginal irritations
- Relieves indigestion by drinking aloe vera juice
- Use it for skin exfoliating to make the skin young and silky- mix 2 Tbsp. of organic brown sugar, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. of aloe vera and massage your face
- Drink aloe vera juice to relieve rheumatism, arthritis and heartburn pain
- Use aloe vera as a conditioner for great hair
- Reduces eye infections
- Helps reduce discomfort in the bowels
- Drink aloe vera to lower blood sugar
- Reduces inflammation and infection of the ear
- Drink aloe vera to reduce triglycerides for improved heart health
- Reduces cholesterol
- Use boiled aloe leaves as a cure for asthma
- Soften rough patches with aloe vera scrub- mix 1 cup of aloe vera, 1 cup of coconut oil, 2 cups of sea salt and 2 Tbsp. of honey
- Promotes your immune system
- Improves mouth health- use it as toothpaste or take it orally
- Drink aloe vera to fight hemorrhoids
- Drink aloe vera juice to treat urinary tract infections
- Use aloe vera for a detox
- Helps you treat prostate problems
- Its consumption and use helps you lose weight
- Eases stomach ulcers
- Helps remove toxic materials from the body
- Fights bacteria and inflammation
Aloe Vera Benefits
Aloe vera is a potent healing plant. It’s a powerful antioxidant, meaning it is rich in vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, choline, folic acid and minerals: zinc, potassium, manganese, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper and selenium.
Aloe vera also contains Fatty acids, Amino acids, Enzymes, Sugars, Saponins, Lignins, Anthraquinones and Salicylic Acid. Note that all of these ingredients have a remarkable impact on the human body. You can use aloe vera for sunburn, as a hair product, for skin problems and even for treating some medical conditions.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera juice can help you for fight toxic materials and can cleanse you whole body, starting from kidneys, bladder, liver, spleen, stomach and colon. Drinking aloe vera juice will help you with indigestion, ulcers and any kind of stomach problems.
Aloe vera juice improves digestion and gives your body energy, because of its anti-inflammatory properties, you can consume it internally to relieve problems with digestion. There have been a study, conducted by Jeremiah Herlihy, a PhD at the University of San Antonio, about the effect of drinking aloe vera juice daily.
According to the study, there weren’t any signs of bad influence or negative results on animals, but in fact it was concluded that animals drinking aloe vera, had a longer life as opposed to those not drinking aloe vera juice.
The composition of aloe vera`s ingredients is in fact incredibly complex, but that`s why this herb is unbelievably powerful and healing. It can even be used in medical treatments.
Aloe Vera Nutritional Value
Amino acids: important for constructing the protein in our body
Germanium: is a mineral known to have benefits for eye problems, cardiac disorder, immunodeficiency, pain and circulatory problems.
Enzymes: important for promoting healthy skin and repairmen of damaged tissue.
Vitamins: rich in vitamins, which is perfect for our well-being. Vitamin C promotes health of adrenal gland, supportive system in times of stress and also helps in better circulation.
Minerals: zinc, calcium, magnesium, all of them combined together create the perfect structure of the powerful herb.
How to Consume Aloe Vera?
You can find aloe vera in almost every healthy store. The aloe vera plant is easy to find and the best way to consume it is to drink its juice or to boil its leaves. Every bottle of aloe vera contains information about its content and the best results come from a bottle with pure aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel.
You can also add aloe vera in your smoothies, but be careful to read the instructions about dosing. As soon as you start consuming it, you will notice the benefits of aloe vera plant.