Whenever I think of a something that has changed my life completely and I couldn’t imagine my life without it, coconut oil comes to mind. Most of the women will first think of something they always carry in their bags, like mascara or a lip-gloss, but are those things really practical? Well, all of them have only one use and cannot be applied elsewhere.
Therefore here comes the multifunctional oil that will replace everything and make your life easier, so you can ditch all the unnecessary artificial products. The best thing is that it comes in different packaging and you can take it everywhere.
The universal coconut oil which will give you the best health benefits is organic, extra-virgin, and therefore you shouldn’t save your money, but rather buy a product of high quality.
Here is a variety of 50 uses of coconut oil that you will find useful in everyday situations:
Cooking & Eating (Internal Use of Coconut Oil)
- Cooking at high heat – Instead of using the highly refined sunflower oil, you should include the natural coconut oil in every single meal which requires frying or roasting.
- Instead of butter on your toast
- Eating a spoonful of coconut oil -Every day, eat a spoonful of coconut oil on an empty stomach. The lauric acid in coconut oil will help digestion, speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight.
- Add it to your morning smoothie for energy boost
- Popping Popcorn and Popcorn topping– Use coconut oil for making popcorn and also as a topping instead of butter. You can also use Himalayan salt instead of regular table salt, to make yourself a healthy snack.
- Salad Dressing
- Coconut Oil Coffee– Get that extra energy by adding a delicious spoonful of coconut oil in your coffee.
- Tea– You will make your tea tasty by mixing honey, coconut oil and lemon.
- Homemade granola, cookies or sweets– By adding coconut oil you can indulge in your homemade cookies without feeling guilty afterwards.
- Homemade oven baked chips– If you have cravings for something crunchy, the best way to satisfy your appetite is to slice carrots and potatoes, pour them with coconut oil and bake them for 15 minutes. Then, you can enjoy your healthy snack.
By incorporating coconut oil in your diet, you will be cure and prevent the following diseases and problems:
- Acid reflux
- Crohn’s Disease
- Heart Disease
- Stress Relief
- Kidney Disease
- Stomach Ulcers
- Thyroid Balance
External Use of Coconut Oil
Facial & Body Scrub – By combining sugar or Himalayan salt with coconut oil, you can naturally exfoliate your skin.
- Makeup Remover
- Shaving Lotion
- Homemade Deodorant with baking soda and essential oils
- Sexual Lubricant– A safe way which will also protect you from yeast infections
- Against stretch marks– A regular use will moisturize your skin, reduce stretch marks and also prevent any new ones.
- Body Moisturizer– Instead of using artificial crèmes you can keep your skin hydrated by using coconut oil.
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Nipple Cream During Breastfeeding
- Massage Oil– Coconut Oil is the right choice because it is not too greasy and also has a soothing scent.
- Fade Age Spots
- Tanning Oil & Sunburn Care– Before or after exposing your skin to the sun, coconut oil will take care of it.
- Anti acne and face moisturizer– Once you try coconut oil on your face you will throw away all your day and night face creams.
- Dry Feet Treatment– Mix Coconut Oil with salt and prepare your feet for the summer.
- Elbow & Knee Rub– Your dry skin on your elbows and knees will be protected if you use a layer of coconut oil daily.
- Overnight Conditioner– You can use a bit of coconut oil on your dry hair ends, leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
- Static Reducer
- Hair Mask– Rub coconut oil into your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes. After, wash it with warm water.
- Dry Ends Serum
Other Uses of Coconut Oil
- Homemade toothpaste with baking soda
- Wounds Care
- Oil Pulling – A technique worth trying because your whole body benefits from it. You should just swish coconut oil for ten minutes in your mouth before brushing your teeth.