What can be more refreshing in summer, than a few glasses of lemonade? You have to agree that sometimes, during those warm days, we all need something other than water to quench out thirst. Well, the best alternative will be lemonade, not only because you would drink something different than water, but also because of the variety of benefits the lemons provide our bodies. So, here are a few:
- Give your skin a summer glow– The Vitamin C in lemons, makes your skin smooth and shiny, ready for the beach. Lemons also heal any skin damage from the sun or pollution and also help fight problems such as acne.
- Lemons boost your immune system- Just because they are packed with antioxidants; lemons fortify your immune system.
- Increase iron absorption- Whenever iron- rich foods are paired with lemon’s Vitamin C, the body’s ability to absorb iron increases. Therefore problems such as anemia, hair loss or feeling of weakness are solved.
- Help you fight disease- Many studies have shown that lemons fight obesity, diabetes, heart disease, combat cancer and prevent asthma.
All of our recipes are based on lemons and water; but the added ingredients make the lemonade drinks even sweeter and more delicious. Here are our 7 recipes, and we encourage you to try them all!
1. Sweet Tea Lemonade
To prepare the Sweet Tea Lemonade, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 sliced lemon
- 4 large springs of mint
- 8 black tea bags
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice ( you will need about 4 large lemons)
- Mix the sugar with 3 cups of water in a pan and boil them on low-heat until the sugar melts. Turn off the heat and add the lemon slices and the mint. When this mixture cools off, strain it.
- You should boil 4 cups of water and put the bags of tea in a pitcher to make tea. Afterwards just remove the tea bags and let it cool.
- In the meantime, dissolve the lemon juice by adding 3 cups of water in it.
- Mix the syrup, tea and lemon all together. You should let it cool for about 4 hours and add cubes of ice.
- You can use lemon slices and mint springs, as a decoration.
2. Raspberry Lemonade
- ½ gallon of lemonade
- 112 oz bag of frozen raspberries
You should first defrost the berries in a strainer over a bowl, and then put the berries and the liquid into a blender and strain. Mix it with the ½ gallon of lemonade. You can garnish it with mint leaves and lemon wedges.
3. Frozen Lemonade
Use the following ingredients:
- 3 cups of cold water
- 4 cups of ice
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1 2/3 cups of superfine sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of lemon juice
- Combine 1 thinly sliced lemon and 1 2/3 cups of superfine sugar and mash with a spoon.
- Add 3 cups of cold water and 1 ¼ of lemon juice and stir
- Blend 4 cups of ice and the lemon juice into a blender
- Pour the mixture into chilled glasses
4. Strawberry- Lemon Fizz
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 24 ounces lemon and lime soda, divided
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and put them in a blender with the lemon juice and the sugar. You should save a few strawberries for decoration later.
- Strain the mixture and serve into 8 glasses.
- Top each with a lemon-lime soda and decorate it with a whole strawberry.
5. Sweet Pink Lemonade
For this recipe, you will need:
- 6 cups of water
- 4 cups of chopped watermelon
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups of lemon juice
- Put the 6 cups of water together with the salt and sugar into a pan, and boil the ingredients, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover it and let it cool off for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the watermelon and 1 cup of water into a blender.
- Mix the blended watermelon and the syrup and pour them into a pitcher through a strainer, and add the lemon juice.
6. Ginger Lemonade
You will need the following ingredients to prepare the lemonade which has fat burning properties, because of the ginger:
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 12 ounces of peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (12 oz) cans of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups of water
- You should slice the ginger into ¼- inch pieces and boil it in a pan with 1/3 cup of sugar and 3 cups of water while stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Let the syrup steep for 30 minutes and then strain the mixture.
- Mix the syrup with 2(12 oz) cans of frozen lemonade concentrate and amount of water called for on cans.
7. Spiced- Tea Lemonade
For the 7th and last recipe, you should use the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 6 orange spice tea bags
- Lemon slices
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups of water
- Put the tea bags in a large pitcher and stir in the sugar and 4 cups of boiling water.
- Let it cool for a while and remove the tea bags.
- Now, stir the juice and 4 cups of water and let it chill for 2 hours.
- Fill 8 glasses with ice, pour in the lemonade and add the lemon slices as a decoration.
In order to get the most out of each recipe, we advise you to use organic ingredients. Enjoy your healthy lemonade drinks!