You can easily feel alive and kicking again if you change something about your long-established morning coffee routine.
The first time you add oil and fat to your cup of morning coffee you may find its taste unpleasant or even disgusting. But it is only a habitual thing you can easily get used to for your health sake.
I mean, it is not an everyday thing to come across a drink mixed with coconut oil and butter, especially in a society where we are desperately trying to remove or reduce fat and calories from everything we consume.
I admit it – this concept took me by surprise completely!
I was one of those zealous consumers that would analyze calories without even glancing at the ingredients, and buy only non-fat coffee creamers. I was totally oblivious of the fact that palm-oil was the common ingredient, because at the time, being skinny was the priority for my profession.
But when you get “older and bolder,” your priorities shift from “must be skinny” to “must be healthy.” Now I know that adding healthy fat to your diet is not going to make you any fatter.
Coconut oil boosts your metabolism and helps burn down a buildup of calories!
The coconut oil, unlike most oils we use in our meals, contains medium-chain fatty acids, instead of long-chain fatty acids. Medium-chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than long-chain ones, which leads to a highly-beneficial boost in metabolism. In the recent study, 1-2 tablespoons of medium-chain fats (like the coconut oil) per day increased energy expenditure by 5% which totals to 120 calories burned per day. It makes quite a difference, doesn’t it?
But regardless of the obvious health benefits, I have been adding coconut oil to my coffee for a couple years on end now because I see it as taste enhancer now!
Just try it once in a while and you’ll see that it doesn’t make your coffee greasy or as one might think. Actually, some regular creamers can make it greasier than the coconut oil. Instead, this “coconut oil coffee creamer” will provide you with a rich and creamy coffee that is perfectly sweetened with a drop of organic honey and flavored with cinnamon and vanilla.
Palm-oil free, preservatives free, and artificial sweeteners-free!
And if you pair this coffee with a nutritious balanced breakfast, you have set yourself up for a pretty awesome day!
Here are more obvious reasons why I am infatuated with my coconut oil coffee creamer:
- Not like adding cold milk or cream, the coconut oil creamer doesn’t cool down a hot cup of coffee.
- The coconut oil It doesn’t change the coffee original flavor. If you are one of those who like their coffee strong, you know that milk and cream, especially non-dairy milk, can water it down.
- Some coconut oil is stay fresh for very long, whereas diary creamers quickly expire and you are sometimes stuck drinking very strong black coffee, which it’s not my cup of coffee!
- I feel alert and energized for longer than I would with just plain coffee!
- The coconut oil has a host of health benefits, which include, but are not limited to skin care, hair care, good digestion and quick immunity response against a number of infections and diseases
Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer Recipe
Adjust the ratios to your preferred sweetness and flavor. If you don’t like your coffee honeyed, then leave out the honey or use less.
- ¾ cup of organic coconut oil (soft but not entirely melted)
- ½ cup raw (unadulterated) honey ( buy one from a local source)
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon bar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. raw cocoa powder to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir or whisk them together, until they are well combined in a smooth cream. Store the excess creamer in a glass jar with a sealed lid.
How to use coconut oil coffee creamer
Brew your favorite [fair-trade, organic] cup of coffee (about 2 cups). Add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil coffee creamer to your hot coffee. After this, you can also add a teaspoon of grass-fed butter, which I like to do if I have it at hand. This is optional of course and is not part of the creamer concoction, but it will definitely enhance the creaminess and flavor of your coffee!
You can use a blender or mini bullet blender to blend the coffee plus the creamer on high for about 5 seconds. Pour into your special mug and enjoy!
SHARE THIS CUP OF COFFEE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY