Benefits From Raw Food Diet – How Much Nutrition Do You Need?

A raw food diet is one where people eat mostly vegetables that have not been cooked, fruit, legumes, and seeds. Some people also eat eggs and other foods that are eaten without being cooked but this is not the norm. A raw food diet can possibly be damaging to your health if you eat raw meat and raw eggs. The majority of people on a raw food diet are vegans for this reason.

A lot of people believe that the raw food benefits our bodies in a variety of ways. The idea behind the raw food diet is that when you cook vegetables and fruits, they are going to lose the nutrients they contain when you eat them raw. The loss of nutrients is the reason people are choosing a raw food diet.

The raw food diet is not without its problems, though. Some health experts believe a raw food diet does not provide the nutrition that we need to be healthy. These experts believe that if you do choose a raw food diet, you need to make sure you are getting the nutrients you are missing in some other form.

There are many people who believe that the ideal way to follow a raw food diet is to consume 80% of your diet as raw foods with the other 20% being cooked.When you consume nothing but raw foods, you may possibly be missing out on Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and other vitamins. When you are on an exclusively raw food diet and not eating meat, you won’t get vitamins like B6.The other nutrients you may miss in a raw food diet are zinc, protein, and iron. 

Make sure you pay attention to what your body is telling you and try to consume some sort of protein in your diet when possible. Children or women who are pregnant are not good candidates for a raw food diet because a lot of medical experts believe the diet won’t give these groups the nutrients they need.

There is some evidence that eating an entirely raw food diet is not a good idea because you cannot get all the nutrients that your body needs to be healthy. Keep in mind the 80-20 rule and make sure your diet is balanced.

The key to any successful diet is enzymes. Your body cannot do all the things it needs to do if you don’t have the enzymes you need. You need amylase and protease, as well as other enzymes if you are going to be healthy. It is very important that the raw food diet you choose is going to provide all these nutrients. The enzymes that your body needs can be destroyed when you cook food. Your body needs the enzymes and other nutrients to boost your immune system and give you energy.

It is obvious that there are some benefits to eating a raw food diet but if you are going to eat only the foods on a raw food diet, you need to make sure you also consume some cooked grains to get the protein you need. You can find many different raw food diet recipes in cookbooks as well as on the Internet. You will be surprised how much information you can find especially online. All you need to do is type in something like “raw food diets” in a search engine and you will find lots of recipes.