Cinnamon is as pleasant on your face as it is in your mouth. This simple facial mask (which you can make in the comfort of your home) definitely proves this thing.
Even if you have cleared up problems with your bad skin, you can still have scars and blemishes in skin tone left behind. This simple, effective and natural face mask uses some very specific natural ingredients to wipe these ugly marks.
The main ingredient in the mask is cinnamon, which is what gives the mask its burning sensation.
Why are cinnamon and other ingredients in the mask so good for your skin?
1. The first ingredient – cinnamon when in contact with the skin, creates a tingling sensation, which fades in a few minutes. Aside from cinnamon’s strong anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, cinnamon is truly packed with antioxidants that help prevent further damage to the skin.
2. The second ingredient- nutmeg is high in B-vitamins, including riboflavin (B2), folic acid (B9) and niacin (B3). Nutmeg also contains vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants such as beta-carotene and cryptoxanthin-both fantastic for the skin.
The next two wet ingredients in this face mask are honey and lemon juice.
3. The third ingredient-honey is one of the best, if not the best, natural balms for skin care. Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air into the skin and ensures it’s retained it in the layers where it’s needed most for penetrating, long-lasting hydration.
The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey also prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts.
4. The last but not least ingredient is lemon juice. Aside from lemon juice’s astringent qualities, it is packed with C vitamin that helps promote collagen production. Lemon juice also works to naturally balance your skin tone. Honey is another powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient that works naturally to promote healthy skin.
5. Now keep in mind that this facial mask is going to gently sting you when you apply it to your skin, but it’s not a big deal at all.
“Burning” Face Mask Recipe
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
Mix all four ingredients in a small bowl until you get a homogenous mass. Use a small folded towel to apply the mask to your nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. Don’t get the mixture too close to your eyes or mouth.
Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, or if you can’t stand the sensation that long – at least 10 minutes. The burning sensation will go away quickly, so it is worth waiting for. Rinse the mask off with tepid water.
Advice: If you have very sensitive skin, you should either skip the lemon juice or add more honey so that the mixture becomes thicker.
Latest posts by Anastasia (see all)
- How To Grow Pomegranate Tree In A Container - Feb 16, 2017
- 1/4 Teaspoon Of Himalayan Sea Salt Fights Toxins, Belly Fat And Pain - Feb 15, 2017
- Top 10 Vegetables For Growing In Small Gardens - Feb 15, 2017