If you desperately crave a scrumptious chocolate cake but you cannot indulge in it due to common egg allergies or concerns about the high amounts of unhealthy fats, do not worry. We have the perfect solution for you.
We wholeheartedly suggest that you try out this cake recipe without any eggs or butter. If you doubt it is possible to achieve a perfectly creamy texture and an irresistible chocolate aroma without these two ingredients, we strongly suggest that you give it a try.
Not only will your taste buds sing for joy, but your body will also experience an array of clinically proven health provisions due to the two main cake components: the avocado and the cocoa. You are surely familiar with some of the benefits that these two precious Nature’s gifts offer us, but good things are always worth mentioning more than once.
Why is avocado so beneficial for our health?
- It is unique in its rich content of heart-healthy, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory fatty acids, which also protect against diabetes and contribute to the reduction of dangerous cholesterol levels.
- Avocado is abundant in essential vitamins and minerals that are important for the proper functioning of all the bodily organs and the immune system. These include: vitamin B 9, vitamin B 6, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E, copper and vitamin C.
- Avocado is a rich source of mighty carotenoid antioxidants that are especially important for the health of the eyes. Other antioxidant compounds protect the body against cancer, inflammatory illnesses and diabetes. The compound called xanthophylls is known for its capability to regenerate and renew the body, slowing down the process of aging in the whole body.
- The high fat content of avocado facilitates bodily absorption of other vital components.
- The rich content of fiber in avocado means that it aids the weight loss as it reduces appetite and leads to satiety.
- Avocado has an unusually high amount of healthy protein – 1 ripe avocado contains 4 grams of protein.
What can be said about cocoa in a nutshell?
- It is brimming with antioxidant properties. The polyphenols in particular provide extremely powerful protection for the entire cardiovascular system, greatly reducing the risk of heart attacks, atherosclerosis, and blood clots.
- Even small quantities of cocoa have shown to reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Cocoa stimulates the nervous system and enhances the mood, boosting the production of chemicals responsible for the feelings of happiness.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (we suggest that you substitute it with rice flower of coconut flower)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ripe finely mashed avocado
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw cane or coconut sugar
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed to smooth consistency
- 1 cups sugar (we recommend that you use 1/3 cup of Monk fruit sugar)
- 5 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
1.Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans.
2. First, whisk the first five dry ingredients in a big bowl.
3. Whisk the following four wet ingredients together with the mashed avocado in a separate bowl. After that, add sugar and vanilla extract.
4. The last procedure is joining the two mixtures and mixing them to reach a smooth and creamy consistency. Pour the batter in the pans, making certain that the amount in both pans is equal. Put the cake pans in the oven to bake and check if they are done in 30 minutes. The easiest method for this is inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is baked.
5. To prepare the cakes for frosting, let them cool for a short time while they are still in the pans, then gently place them on a tray to allow thorough cooling.
6. Pour one layer of frosting on the first cake, then add the second cake on top and spread the rest of the frosting over it.
And that is all. You will make this delicious and healthy treat in no time at all. And we assure you that you kids will be delighted with it, too.
Regarding the recipe for a vegan chocolate cake, vegetable oil is used as a substitute for the avocado. You can choose either recipe according to your preference.