Wouldn’t you like a snack that would be so tasty, so you’ll always want some more of it?
When we mention chips everyone would think of the tons of calories included and would rather skip it. In every single diet, sticking to the 3 meals or 6 meal plans per day is the key to success.
The unhealthy snacks in between may be the cause for weight gain and are a trap.
Yes, most of the time, the chips that you buy from the market are packed with calories.
And that is not all; they also come with added sugar, iodized salt and many chemicals.
However, we offer you a healthy chip alternative!
Snacking will no more mean that extra pounds will be measured on your scale. On the other hand, this healthy chip alternative will help you satisfy your hunger, instead of going for a greasy meal.
The homemade alternative for which we share the recipe with you is something which might replace the popcorns on a movie night, and also the snacks you indulge in during the day.
The Zucchini Chip Recipe
To prepare this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Organic zucchini( 1 zucchini will make a big plate full, so according to that you can increase the dose)
- Himalayan salt or herb mare
- Organic apple cider vinegar
Equipment required: Dehydrator (preferable) or oven
Follow these directions while preparing:
- First, you should slice the zucchini into slices, so you can be able to bake them (make sure the slices are about 1/8 inch thick, while removing the end pieces)
- Spray or soak the slices with the organic apple cider vinegar. You can either put some vinegar in a spraying bottle and just spray a bit, or soak the slices into ACV if you like the sour taste.
- Sprinkle some Himalayan salt on the chips according to your taste.
- You can either choose to dehydrate the chips or bake them. A dehydrator is always a better alternative, because you do not lose much of the nutritional value of the chips. However, if you choose to bake them, you will lose more nutrients. Anyway, both alternatives are better and healthier than buying chips, so don’t feel guilty if you haven’t got a dehydrator and choose baking instead.
- If you dehydrate the chips put the dehydrator to a temperature of 130 degrees. Let them site for about 5 hours and remove the chips when they become crispy.
- On the other hand, baking the chips will require about 30 minutes. Bake them on 175 Fahrenheit degrees.
How are the healthy and homemade zucchini chips different from a regular potato chip?
When you use Himalayan salt to prepare the zucchini chips, they will absorb about 80 minerals, having in mind that the Himalayan salt contains about 84 minerals.
Zucchini itself is rich in nutrients such as: vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, fiber, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, omega 3 fats, niacin, vitamin B1, zinc, vitamin B6, calcium and vitamin B2. Zucchini is also a great source of protein!
The nutritional values make zucchini a food that is a great choice being low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals.
Potatoes, on the other hand have a less valuable nutritional value than zucchini. Being a starch based food; potatoes are not so fit for a low-calorie diet.
And that is not all. We have to mention the fact that potatoes are a food that is being sprayed with pesticides the most. The combination of pesticides and few nutrients doesn’t make potatoes be a food on the top of the list.
Making a change and incorporating the zucchini chip into your diet instead of the potato chip, will definitely be more beneficial for both your waistline and your health.
Zucchini will help you lose fat faster, regulating your digestive system and at the same time suppressing hunger. Now that you are familiar with all the benefits of zucchini and you have an amazing recipe, why not try and prepare the homemade delicious zucchini chip?