The liver is literally the processor and protector of our body, so maintaining a healthy liver is the number one thing to do if you want to be healthy and vital.
Here is a super-juice that will do just that, cleanse your liver, and if you consume it for just once a week, your entire body will be very thankful.
The ingredients that you will need to prepare the juice are:
- 10 dandelion greens (leaves and stems)
- 2 small heads of bok choy (or 1 large head)
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 lemongrass stem
- 1-inch piece of peeled ginger
- 1 cucumber (if you do not have organic ones, peel the skin)
- ½ pineapple (remove the top and the outer skin)
Wash all of the ingredients and run them through a juicer, or if you prefer smoothies, you can put them all into a blender.
All of these ingredients are very healthy and beneficial for a proper functioning of your entire body, especially the liver, as they have extra cleansing properties.
If you do not have some of the ingredients, they can be substituted with some of the following ingredients (as they are also very good for the liver): kale, apples, carrots, beets, parsley, chard, oranges and spinach. In general, all leafy green vegetables have a cleansing, detoxifying and alkalizing effect on our body, so you can experiment a lot when it comes to cleansing juices.
The benefits of a clean liver are:
- Clearer and brighter complexion
- Dark circles disappear from under the eyes.
- Some age spots may disappear.
- Digestion improves.
- Weight loss becomes easier, cellulite goes away and energy increases.
- Sleep improves, need to urinate at night disappears.
- Aches and pains disappear, also, headaches often cease.
- Memory improves.
- Mood is better.
- Allergies and facial puffiness disappear.
And the list goes on. A malfunctioning liver, on the other hand, can not handle toxins, and toxic compounds can be stored within tissues and decrease your quality of health.
Try this potent juice to cleanse and revive your liver and to enhance your body’s natural detox mechanism. And remember that juicing is not only a fun and creative way to prepare a tasty drink, it is also a powerful tool to cleanse your liver without compromising the body’s natural healing process.