I believe you are already familiar with the many kinds, variations, and combinations of detox waters that are available to buy or that you can prepare for yourself. Even if you haven’t seen them anywhere, you can still experiment and prepare your own healthy source of beneficial nutrients.
I’m sure you’ve already seen the amazing healthy lemon detox water. Here, I will show you a recipe for a variation of this detox water.
As you know,lemon detox water has many beneficial properties and is an excellent body-cleansing beverage, but you can certainly go even further and vastly increase those beneficial properties by adding other remedies and herbs, such as ginger, turmeric, and cayenne.
Each one of these herbs is a great source of healthy nutrients, vitamins, and minerals,and they are known to help with many health issues, disorders, and diseases, from the mildest to most severe and deadliest. Here is why!
Ginger is considered one of the best home remedies, an “endless” source of nutrients benefits for treating and preventing many health-related issues and diseases. Some of the most common ones are:
- Research conducted by the Cancer Center of the University of Michigan has shown that ginger powder causes ovarian cancer cells to die.
- Another study conducted by the University of Minnesota has shown that ginger might also slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- As shown by many studies, ginger is an effective remedy for nausea caused by motion sickness, even as effective as vitamin B6.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful remedy for reducing pain.
- Tea prepared from ginger is a great natural home remedy for treating heartburn.
- Ginger is a great natural remedy for treating stomachaches, diarrhea, and nausea. Consuming grated or sliced raw ginger can really help you when you experience stomach problems or are fighting with the cold or flu.
- Ginger helps cleanse and detoxify the blood and helps with migraine relief by preventing prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation to the blood vessels.
- It helps in cleansing the kidneys and improves their function.
Turmeric is another great home remedy, as it contains a compound called curcumin, a very strong antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and many other beneficial properties. Here are some of the known beneficial properties of turmeric:
- It is a great natural home remedy with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and, unlike many prescription drugs, doesn’t cause any side effects
- It helps in preventing and treating several types of cancer, such as preventing and stopping the growth of prostate cancer, stopping breast cancer from spreading to the lungs, and generally reducing angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels in tumors) and metastasis (spreading of cancer and infecting of healthy cells).
- Although there is still no known cure for the neurodegenerative disease Alzheimer’s, some studies have shown that turmeric helps remove the amyloid plaque that builds up in the brain from this disease.
- It helps in reducing the risk of leukemia in kids.
- It greatly helps in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- It acts as a body-cleansing remedy and natural painkiller.
- In some studies using animals such as lab rats, turmeric was shown to slow the progression of multiple sclerosis.
- Curcumin is a strong antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body, boosting the body’s antioxidant activity.
- Some studies have also shown that the curcumin found in turmeric helps against depression.
Cayenne is yet another healthy natural remedy we often use as a ground spice in many foods and dishes in our homes. As with ginger and turmeric, cayenne also has many healthy vitamins and minerals with many beneficial properties. Here are some of them:
- The ingredients in this plant help in the excretion of congested mucus through your body when you have acold or flu.
- Cayenne has anti-allergenic, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, preventing the formation of fungal pathogens and allergies and helping with diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, psoriasis, herpes, and others.
- It is known that cayenne pepper can alleviate the symptoms of migraine.
- Cayenne helps the body eliminate harmful cholesterol and triglycerides and keeps normal blood pressure levels, therefore keeping the heart healthy and vital.
- It greatly helps in digesting and metabolizing food and toxins that enter your digestive system, increases the production of enzymesand gastric acids, and stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion.
- It helps in preventing and treating the formation of clots in the blood, therefore reducing the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Some studies have shown that cayenne pepper can help in preventing lung cancer in smokers and preventing liver tumors.
- Other research has shown that cayenne pepper consumed on a daily basis decreases the need for food, therefore decreasing the daily caloric intake and helping the body to burn excess fat.
Now that you are familiar with the healthy benefits and properties of the ingredients you are about to consume with this combination of Lemon Ginger Detox Tea, here is how to prepare it and what you will need.
The ingredients you need to prepare this beverage are:
- 2-inch knob of ginger
- 2–3 inch piece of turmeric root, or substitute 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1–2 dashes of cayenne
- 4 lemons (3 for juicing and 1 for slicing as a garnish)
- 3 droppers of vanilla stevia
- 2 quarts water
First, you have to mix the ginger root, three lemons, and turmeric in a juicer. Then mix the prepared juice in a pitcher together with the water, the drops of vanilla stevia, the cayenne,and the remaining lemon cut into slices.
Wait for the flavors to infuse for some 10 minutes before you taste your first glass out of this healthy pleasure.Now you have prepared a sweet, spicy, delicious extra healthy tea,great for hydrating and flushing out your body.
You can drink it with ice or simply at room temperature, whatever your wish. Keep it in the fridge, as you now have prepared an amount that will last you some 5 days or so.