There’s nothing better than eating something sweet after your meal. But this also means a few extra calories into your body. Luckily, cooks are aware about our problem and have come up with many recipes that will satisfy your craving for something sweet but at the same time they are going to be healthy for you.
It may come as a surprise to you that this recipe involves the zucchini but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. You’ll be amazed. Here is why.
Zucchini Health Benefits
Zucchini is a squash with some amazing nutritional and health benefits. If you are trying to lose weight adding zucchini into your everyday diet is the best thing you can do. Zucchini will reduce your weight but at the same time it will boost the nutrient value of your diet.
Zucchini will also keep you regular and will lower the risk of digestion problems like hemorrhoids and constipation. Zucchini contains flavonoid- compound that will fight free radicals in your body and protect you from cancer.
Zucchini is a source of potassium, vitamin A and folate which are important for your overall well being. Zucchini also promotes eye health and cures asthma. A serving of zucchini will provide almost a third of your daily vitamin C intake. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that maintains healthy teeth and bones, absorbs iron from the food and heals injuries.
Zucchini As a Healthy Baking Substitute
Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable. It is used as a part of well-balanced diet, but baking with zucchini is becoming more and more popular too. When it is used in baking, zucchini not only provides you with nutrients but also:
- Increases your fiber intake
- Add moisture to your recipes
- It’s a cheap gluten-free alternative
- It’s low in calories but yet nutritious (bread for weight loss)
Here Is How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Chocolate zucchini bread is an excellent snack for any time of the day. Zucchini bread won’t leave you with weighed-down feeling in your gut, instead will make you feel light while at the same time you’re already full. Try these vegetable chocolatey baked goods and you’ll never buy anything sweet from the shop again.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup Chocolate hazelnut butter blend (Do not use Nutella… use a non-dairy, low sugar Nutella Alternative )
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered, organic)
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded then squeezed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
1.First preheat the oven to 400o F.
2. On a side, shred the zucchini into a bowl and let it sit for some time while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Mix the eggs, hazelnut butter, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt until smooth
4. Next add baking soda and apple cider vinegar and mix them well
5. Then add the shredded zucchini
6. Scoop all that into greased loaf pan and bake for 35-50 minutes (for a large loaf pan) or 24-28 minutes (for two small pans).
7. Check if it’s done by sticking a toothpick in the loaf. If the toothpick is clean the loaf is ready.
8. Let it cool for several minutes before removing it from the pan.
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA FRIENDS SO THEY CAN ENJOY IT TOO