Everyone runs out of time, especially in the morning. Making a pie and waiting for baking is not at all an apt option for breakfast. You have to wrap everything within a less time. So quick healthy breakfast will keep you full for few hours and lessen your morning rush.
Fruit smoothies and pies are indeed one of the most favorable dishes of summer days. Nothing makes us feel peppy and refreshing what these recipes do. Well, if you do not want to give much effort for making a morning meal then healthy apple cinnamon smoothie is certainly an apt option for you.
It is quite hard to have a meal which can be made within minutes and is enriched with nutrition and proteins. Apple cinnamon smoothie is certainly full of good fats, fibers, protein, and electrolytes.
Photo by: blog.bonton.com
Below are the ingredients which you should consider for the making of this smoothie. You can replace some ingredients as per your requirement:
• Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup
• Milk – 1 cup
• Oats – 4 tablespoons
• Banana which should be frozen – 1
• Apple slices, which should be peeled – 1
• Vanilla extract, which should be alcohol- free – 1 teaspoon
• Maple syrup – 2 tablespoons
• Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
• Nutmeg – 1/8 teaspoon
• Ice Cubes – 1 cup
Procedure to Make an Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Photo by: blog.bonton.com
1. Put all the elements together into your personal blender. Add suitable sweetness. You can also add some water to gain consistency.
2. Keep it on until it gets smooth. Normally 10-20 seconds of blending is enough.
3. Make it chilled by adding up ice cubes. If you want to drink it later, then keep it in the refrigerator for hours.
4. You can also add some small apple slices and granola as a part of toppings.
5. Pour your yummy smoothie in glasses and feel the healthiness in a single sip of the drink.
Importance of Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Well, a quote ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ can be modified by ‘a glass of yummy apple cinnamon smoothie keeps a doc away, and you full for a day.’ Of course, the key ingredient Apple has numberless benefits for human body. It is beneficial for lung, immune system, digestive system, brain, and heart.
Well, you definitely cannot ignore the spice of this recipe ‘Cinnamon.’ It is usually known for its contribution to regulate the blood sugar level and lessen the risk of heart diseases. Moreover, it is full of antioxidant which keeps your body free from radicals to some extent, which causes cancer. It helps in regulating BP and cholesterol as well.
Use of nutmeg in the smoothie eliminates the problem of indigestion and enhances the blood circulation in your body. Moreover, the oats are incredibly enriched with nutrition so that it will fill up the deficiency of nutrition in your body.
Maple syrup adds the electrolytes such as calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. It is also full of vitamins and proteins. All in all apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup make perfectly healthy and palatable smoothie.
Benefits of Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Almost every single ingredient used in a smoothie has its importance which is beneficial for your body, which is mentioned as below:
• Lower your cholesterol level: Apple is a fruit which is extremely enriched with the Pectin fiber. Pectin is responsible for the lowering your body’s cholesterol. It prevents your arteries from cholesterol blockage.
• Improve your digestive system: High fibers of Apple take the time to digest in your body. So this deals with your hunger for a longer period. Digestion time is slower so that it will regulate your levels of insulin. Smoothie will fill your body with new pep and will enhance your efficiency at work
• Reduce the risk of Alzheimer and cancer: The skin of an apple contains the antioxidant called ‘Quecetin’ which regulates a number of brain cells and reduces the risk of Alzheimer. Moreover, its antioxidants also combat with the radicals which are responsible for cancer.
• Enhance the functioning of lungs: Having Apple on a regular basis certainly make the functioning of your lung better and sounder.
• Improve your immune system: Whenever we are asked for the sources of vitamin- C, citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, grapes come into the mind. Well, Apple is also a source of vitamin- C not as much as the citrus fruits. But it helps to enhance your body’s immune power.
• Regulate your sugar level in the bloodstream: Cinnamon ingredient is quite healthier for the human body. It functions as antioxidant in your body. Moreover, it also regulates the sugar level in your blood stream. It is indeed worthier for the people who are suffering from Type II Diabetes.
There are many different recipes available for Apple cinnamon smoothie. You can add your favorable ingredients with apple and cinnamon such as flaxseeds, almonds, and protein powder.
It depends on your needs, what you want to gain from your morning meal. Apple cinnamon smoothie is a solution for the problems ranging from indigestion, inflammation, heart diseases, blood pressure, and blood sugar level.
In fact, dieticians also highly recommend it for better health. Amid the hastiness of life, people prefer to have a meal which needs fewer efforts, less time and necessarily full with fibers and nutrition. Hence, apple cinnamon smoothie is the best option to have during breakfast.
Hi, I’m Susan Conley, a family woman and creator of cookthestone.com. I know you’re here because of your love with cooking and I really appreciate that. Cooking the stone is created to please my deep love for food and share the incredible knowledge I have had during my lifetime.
Latest posts by Anastasia (see all)
- The Ketogenic Diet Is Quite Popular Nowadays, But Is It Safe? - Mar 21, 2017
- 6 Tips To Enjoy Travelling Alone - Mar 20, 2017
- Four Fantastic Weight Loss Recipes - Mar 19, 2017