My father in-law Max planted four beautiful apples trees in his small but fruitful orchard 25 years ago. He has not treated them with any pesticides or chemicals whatsoever. They bear beautiful, round and juicy apples, somewhat sour in taste but precious anyway.
Picking them early in the fall has become a family ritual for my husband and me. We have a lot of fun competing who will collect the most apples and whose fruits will be the biggest and reddest.
My teenage daughter is not so excited about the garden. Her reaction to this is: “So what? We can buy any sorts of apples we want at the market”. She has yet to learn about the immense importance of natural, organic, chemicals-free products.
To my excitement, we have begun producing small amounts of apple cider vinegar from these apples. Apple cider vinegar contains precious substances like antibacterial organic acids, pectin, vitamins C, B1, B 2, B 6, calcium, potassium and magnesium and it provides a multitude of health benefits. Apple cider vinegar is very versatile – it can be used for different household purposes.
Let’s be reminded of some apple cider vinegar health benefits
- Apple cider vinegar lowers blood sugar levels, so it can help prevent diabetes.
- Apple cider vinegar aids the weight loss process since the acetic acid slows the accumulation of fat. Apple cider vinegar also helps you feel more satiated and prevents overeating.
- Apple cider vinegar lowers cholesterol levels, according to the study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Apple cider vinegar detoxifies the liver and enhances circulation thanks to its potassium and acidic acid content.
- Apple cider vinegar gives a boost or energy and reduces fatigue due to the enzymes and potassium that it contains. The amino acids in apple cider vinegar also prevent the buildup of lactic acid after workout sessions.
- Apple cider vinegar treats sore throat since it has antibacterial properties. Just mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and warm water and gargle the solution as soon as you notice the unpleasant feeling in your throat.
- Apple cider vinegar soothes abdominal spasms and calms the upset stomach due to its pectin content, which is a kind of fiber.
- Apple cider vinegar cures skin warts and calms skin irritations due to bug bites, jellyfish stings or sunburns. You can add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to warm bath water and soak in it to soothe any skin problems.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Sinus Relief
I would like us to focus on another very important ability of apple cider vinegar that I have personally experienced. Namely, I had a very painful sinus infection at the very beginning of my pregnancy. I knew that antibiotics were not a solution for me since they could harm the baby at that early stage but the pain was almost unbearable. I tried to soothe it by pressing a bottle filled with hot water to the affected area but it only helped a little.
Then a good friend suggested that I try several methods using apple cider vinegar. She has told me that apple cider vinegar clears the airways and breaks up mucus naturally, fighting all kinds of bacteria and relieving pain at the same time.
I tried the apple cider vinegar steam and I also drank the solution of apple cider vinegar with honey and cayenne pepper. The pain began to subside in a couple of days and the infection was soon over.
Let me share these recipes for apple cider vinegar sinus remedies. Please have in mind that you should use raw organic apple cider vinegar for best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar Brew
–Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to ¼ cup of boiled water.
– Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
– Stir the mixture thoroughly and add a juice of 1 squeezed lemon.
Regularly drink this brew until your sinuses are cured.
Apple Cider Vinegar Sinus Rinse
-Warm a cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
– Snort a tablespoon of the mixture in one nostril with the help of a spoon.
– Allow the liquid to run down the nose and the throat.
– You can swallow the liquid or spit it out if it is unpleasant for you.
– Do the same with the other nostril.
– This rinse is effective since apple cider vinegar clears away mucus from your nasal cavity.
I believe that these apple cider vinegar remedies will help ease the discomfort and give you relief from your sinus infection, in a natural and safe way.