When it comes to healthy food and nutrition, fruit and vegetable smoothies have been in the limelight for quite some time. My sister Helen is a certified nutritionist and her obsession with smoothies has gradually rubbed off on me. There are some good reasons why you should consider consuming smoothies as a part of your daily diet.
18 good arguments for substituting at least 1 daily meal with a smoothie
- It provides you with a good daily portion of fruit and vegetables
- Its preparation is simple and quick
- Most children like the taste of flavorful and creamy smoothies, so you can easily mix in vegetables they wouldn’t normally eat
- It boosts weight loss
- It improves your digestion due to the high content of dietary fiber
- It is delicious besides being very healthy
- It helps your body eliminate toxins
- It supports athletic performance and builds muscles, enabling your body to easily absorb all the nutrients
- It makes your skin, hair and nails glow due to the abundance of vitamins and minerals
- It boosts your immune system
- It enables you to sleep better at night
- It makes a great flexible substitute for lunch or dinner, not just breakfast
- It gives you limitless possibilities to combine healthy ingredients and spices
- It fuels your body with a quick supply of energy, without crashes
- A smoothie will help you overcome sugar and unhealthy food cravings
- It boosts your mental capacities
- It contributes to the feeling of happiness: new research has confirmed that consuming produce increases happiness levels
- Creating a smoothie is fun and creative – you can play with different ingredients that are at your disposal
Why is this avocado super smoothie worth making?
First of all, it is super healthy, bursting with healthy fats, essential vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants. Secondly, it is extremely delicious, with a fantastic creamy texture. It is sweet, fulfilling and refreshing at the same time, satisfying all the senses. As for the spinach and kale, please do not be skeptical about them in this recipe! We assure you that you will hardly notice their presence in this smoothie, as their flavors are disguised by all the other ingredients in this magical mixture.
Its preparation will only take you a couple of minutes. You will be refreshed and energized with all the healthy nutrients at the very beginning of the day and ready to meet all the daily challenges to the best of your capacities.
Let’s briefly go over the main health benefits that that each ingredient provides:
This amazing fruit boosts the health of the entire cardiovascular system with its high content of monounsaturated fat and potassium. It replenishes your body with folic acid and B-vitamins, necessary for the nervous system. It promotes weight loss and good digestion, being high in fiber.
It is full of antioxidants that protect each organ from the harmful effects of cancer-causing free radicals. Consuming avocados actually helps our bodies absorb all the other nutrients and antioxidants. A study carried out in 2005 has shown that the addition of avocados to meals actually improved antioxidant intake by 3 to five times.
This nutritious super star will provide you with vitamins A, C and K, as well as fiber, calcium and potassium in just one cup. This small amount of kale will also boost your health with 45 antioxidant and anti-inflammatory plant substances.
Being a cruciferous vegetable, kale is a rich source of glucosinolates, substances that are able to destroy cancerous cells.
They offer protection against cancer, support heart health and lower the risk of diabetes. Blueberries abound in antioxidants that aid our immune system and keep us young and fresh. They have anti-inflammatory activities and are particularly useful for calming gastrointestinal inflammatory problems.
This fruit is particularly known for bromelaine, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and digestion-friendly capacities. Pineapples also protect our immunity with vitamin C and supply us with energy with riboflavin, thiamin and manganese content.
This green leafy vegetable represents a treasure full of antioxidants and minerals. It is no wonder that sailor Popeye was bursting with health by eating spinach regularly. We know spinach to be extremely rich in iron. This essential mineral is a constituent of our red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all the bodily organs. Iron intake is especially important for children and pregnant women and its lack in nutrition is one of the most common health deficiencies in the U.S.
This revitalizing, vivifying and alkalizing fluid offers a rich supply of B vitamins, amino acids and plant hormones that protect us from premature aging and cancer.
Potassium and magnesium support heart health and take care of the nervous system.
Coconut water contains little calories and wonderfully hydrates the body, providing healthy pH balance.
Here Is How To Make Avocado Super Smoothie:
- 1 whole avocado
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup of torn kale leaves without stems
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup of organic baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- ½ sliced cucumber
Pour coconut water into blender and add the other ingredients. Cover to prevent spilling and blend until you reach a smooth consistency. Serve immediately and enjoy the health provisions and exquisite taste every day!