Coconut oil for hair is the latest trend that made people go crazy over coconut oil. This miraculous oil is an ancient ingredient and its positive results on the human body aren’t known since yesterday.
Many hair products- shampoos, conditioners, and balsams are based or consisted of coconut oil. Since ancient times, people were dying to know the beauty secret of the people in the exotic places. Ageless faces, vibrant and energized bodies, sharp sight and hair full of life and health. How many of you can say that this is applicable to our area?
I believe that more will turn up if it was the opposite question, maybe because of the millions and millions of products full with chemicals and toxins, which will do us more harm than good. Few are considering to look into the enormous closet which nature has to offer us, but luckily for us, coconut oil is extremely available and inexpensive- not that you can put a price on health.
Some of the health benefits of coconut oil are:
- Boosts energy levels
- Increases the immune system- fights flues, bacteria, fungus and other toxins which attack our bodies
- It’s good for the heart
- Improves the quality of your hair and skin
- Promotes the digestive system
- Contributes to healthy bone density
- Helps with weight loss
And the list goes on and on, there have been people who were claiming that coconut oil has some healing properties in patients with cancer, however a thorough research has to be done. Needless to say that among the most amazing health benefit is the one that coconut oil has on our hair. It goes beyond looks, it helps your hair get healthier and more natural.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair
- Say goodbye to damaged hair- Most of the time our hair is damaged due to the fact that we are using unsuitable products instead of natural ones. Coconut oil will help you repair your hair by reducing the loss of protein. Coconut oil will go deeply into your hair, regenerate it and leave it healthy and clean.
- Fights Dandruff- Coconut oil is notoriously famous for its healthy fats- fatty acids which are extremely beneficial for your hair and scalp. Coconut oil can help you get rid of dandruff once and for all as well as leave your scalp healthy and clean. Mix coconut oil with sesame oil, massage your scalp and leave on for 30 min, then rinse. Another efficient home remedy which you can easily prepare at home is a mixture of castor oil, lukewarm water and coconut oil. Massage your scalp and you will soon get perfect results and a solution for your dandruff problem.
- Natural solution against hair loss- Coconut oil can also help you prevent your hair from falling off. A mixture of lime water or boiled gooseberries and coconut oil are a great hair product for people who have problems with hair loss. Also, a mixture of coconut oil and sage leaves is a great way to prevent hair loss. Apply these mixtures to your hair and you can say goodbye to hair loss.
- Prevents split ends- Split ends occur due to damaged or treated hair. It’s not a serious problem, but in order to keep it healthy, your hair must be cut more frequently and sometimes that can be too often. Apply a mixture of coconut oil and almond oil in order to prevent split ends on your hair more often than expected.
- Keeps your hair moisturized- Coconut oil helps your hair retain moisture and the lack of it is the cause of many hair related problems, such as split ends and dry and damaged hair.
- Has soothing properties in people with lice problems- Lice can easily become our or our family’s problem because these pests are your hair worst enemy and no one is immune to them. There are various products which are available on the market, however they are extremely strong and they can easily damage your hair or scalp. Combs can be a good way to get rid of lice, however combing your wet hair can be a problem. It can cause a breakdown of your hair and coconut oil can help you solve this problem. It will help you comb your hair easier and at the same time nurture your scalp.
- Throw away your old conditioners- Coconut oil can work much better and more efficient than any other synthetic conditioner available on the market. Apply at night some warm coconut oil, leave on for the entire night and then rinse in the morning. Repeat for several nights and your hair will be strong and healthy. You can also prepare a homemade conditioner- mix some coconut oil, henna and warm milk, apply the paste, leave on for 20 minutes and rinse. A great conditioner for dry hair.
- Prevents dry hair- Coconut oil can lead you to a healthier and natural-looking hair as well as helps you keep your hair moisturized and healthy. Coconut oil is a great solution for dry and lifeless hair.
- Replace your hair styling products with coconut oil- This is a great news since many people use hair styling products on a daily basis. These products can damage your hair and therefore leave you with dry and dull hair. Coconut oil can work as a hair styling product, apply it on your hair evenly through the length of the hair. You will have a great look as well as healthy hair.
- Eases scalp problems- Coconut oil can help people who have severe scalp problems such as scalp sweating and boils on the scalp. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil will help you get rid of scalp sweating problems and a mixture of olive oil and coconut oil will be very soothing for problems such as burns on the scalp.
- Prevents aging of the hair- Gray hair can be a sigh of aging and many people aren’t pleased with that fact and they often turn to coloring the hair and damaging it even more. Apply a mixture of Eclipta Alba leaf or Bhringraj with coconut oil and this may be the perfect solution for you.
There is nothing that coconut cannot solve as a problem, at least it will help you diminish it. Probably that’s why many people are choosing coconut oil as their everyday product. Not only people are getting hooked on coconut oil, companies have seen and recognized the benefits which coconut oil has on the human’s body.
Many beauty and hair products are based on coconut oil, maybe it’s because of the great fragrance, or the positive effects on skin and hair, whichever factor it is, we don’t want to go away. Coconut oil is great!