Honey-lemon water, as a first thing you drink on an empty stomach in the morning, is often hyped as the best way to lose weight. But this is only a good start for the other numerous health benefits that follow. Let’s have a glimpse at them.
1. Reduces pains in the joints and muscles.
2. Helps with sore throats, colds and flu, then various infections of the respiratory tract and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory assets of lemon.
3. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.Lemon also helps your liver to produce more bile which helps your digestive system to breakdown complex foods and to utilize the essential components.
4. Helps with constipation and regulates natural bowel movement.Honey-lemon combination has antibacterial properties that help hinder any infections you might have. Besides, it also helps the production of intestinal mucous in your stomach,hydrates the colon and infuses water into dried stool — a common reason for constipation.
Moreover, the warm water helps kick start bowel movements, aiding in regular, constipation-free motions. But if you suffer from a long-standing constipation, you could try other homemade remedies as well.
5. Creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink the concoction right before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher pH level. The higher the pH the more your body is able to prevent and fight diseases such as cancer, and other auto-immune diseases.
6. Helps cleanse the lymphatic system. According to experts, a dehydrated lymphatic system is one of the leading causes of illness. Lack of water and essential fluids in the lymphatic system make you feel sluggish and tired, lead to constipation, disturbed sleep, interfere with abnormal blood pressure, stress,etc. The benefit of drinking this mixture early in the morning is that it gives your lymphatic system a boost and helps hydrate the entire system.
7. Can boost your energy and get you in the mood. If you are not an early bird, this mixture can help beat that morning lethargy and fatigue. How? Well, honey is an instant energy booster without calories.
Water helps clear your mind by providing fresh blood to your brain, and lemon activates your digestive system, getting it to work properly and eliminating toxins that are often the reason for sluggishness. Moreover, the scent of lemon is known to be a natural relaxant and can help uplift your mood. If you continue to feel fatigued, there might be other reasons for your symptoms. Maybe it’s time you paid a visit to your doctor!
8. Honey-Lemon Water aids in cleansing your urinary tract and acts as a diuretic. Honey is a very powerful antibacterial agent that has the ability to beat a number of common infections. When mixed with lemon and water – two agents that act as excellent diuretics (agents that flush extra water out of your body)– it becomes the best way to cleanse your urinary tract!
For women who suffer from frequent urinary tract infections this is a valuable gain and is known to prevent recurrent infections.
9. Helps remove bad breath and keeps oral health. The acidic nature of lemon combined with the innate properties of honey and water can help beat bad breath almost instantly! The lemon cleanses your mouth by activating your salivary glands and killing offensive bacteria.
When added to honey and water, it helps wash off bacteria and degraded food,which are usually present in the mouth and throat early in the morning. Another reason for bad breath is the formation of a white film on your tongue, mainly consisting of decaying food and bacteria.Drinking the mixture effectively removes that film,refreshing your breath in a smooth,natural way.
10. Honey-Lemon Water can give you a natural glow and clearer skin. The benefits of lemon on your skin are plenty, whereas the water and honey lend a unique restorative, antibacterial and collagen boosting properties to your skin.
Let’s say that this is just an abridged list of the overall benefits of this wondrous mixture. As you are probably eager to try it out by now, let’s get busy preparing it. Read the recipe below.
Honey-Lemon Water Recipe:
- a tall glass of warm (not hot) water
- freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- one tea-spoon or one tablespoon of honey (to taste)
Mix all the ingredients well and drink it quickly.You must drink this mixture right after you get up.
Remember not to drink coffee or tea for at least one hour after drinking this homemade remedy!