With several clicks on the Net you can find a lot of information on the health benefits of the Himalayan salt. But what most people don’t realize is that, unlike other ordinary table salts, the Himalayan salt also contains those 84 natural minerals and elements that are found in the human body.
Why is this important?
It is important because by consuming these minerals you quickly restore your overall health and vitality. The Himalayan salt’s minerals are in an ionic state, which means that they are small enough for our cells to absorb them easily.
Salt therapy is not new at all
This therapy may be relatively new to the United States population, but the so-called ‘salt rooms’ have been used for therapeutic purposes in the region of Eastern Europe for over 200 years!
Many years ago it was usual for people suffering from chronic lung conditions to visit salt mines for their healing benefits. It was called ‘halotherapy’ (that is salt therapy) for respiratory problems.
As for the U. S., the salt therapy has become more widely known and appreciated with the startup of salt rooms in spas and other wellness businesses. The salt crystals are known from ancient times for their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
While some groups of people visit salt mines around the world to help get rid themselves of respiratory ailments of all kinds including: pollen allergies, asthma, congestion and hay fever, others literally ‘flock’ to popping salt rooms in big cities such as London, New York and Orlando for casual rest.
However, you do not have to travel so far any more to reap the benefits of the Himalayan salt. You can enjoy the benefits by adding the Himalayan salt directly to your diet or even home.
This salt is readily available in numerous forms such as: slabs, blocks, lamps, rocks, ground salt for culinary purposes, coarse salt for baths, so you can choose the type most suitable for your needs and preferences.
Benefits of salt inhalers
Modern salt inhalers are a combination of the best of old-world practices and modern-technology ones.
The small Himalayan salt rocks are positioned at the bottom of an inhaler. When you start inhaling, the existing moisture in the air absorbs the salt particles into the lungs.
This helps to reduce inflammation in the lungs and can help with other disorders such as colds, asthma, allergies, congestion, hay fever and sinus congestion (sinusitis).
This simple therapeutic technique involves no negative side effects [unlike other available traditional inhalers].
Here is a short summary of the health improvements:
- The Himalayan salt is a natural expectorant and may help in reducing excess mucous.
- Reduced mucous may eliminate night time coughing and post nasal drip, allowing you to have a good night’s sleep.
- The Himalayan salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals that are otherwise found in the human body.
- Salt inhalation therapy can reduce redness and swellings of the blocked nasal passages.
- The Himalayan salt inhalers can reduce irritation and inflammation from air pollutants and smoke.
- This salt is known for its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial assets. A salt inhaler can be used to cleanse the entire body of harmful organisms as well.
Step-by-step instructions how to use a salt inhaler
1.Place the Himalayan rocks inside your ceramic inhaler (do not use any plastic inhalers) according to the package directions.
2. Place the inhaler mouth piece in your mouth.
3. Breathe in normally through the mouth, and exhale through the nose.
4. Do not add water, the inhaler is for dry therapy only.
5. When you inhale with long, slow deep breaths, it will drive the healthy salt ions to the lungs. And since the ions are so tiny, they bypass the nasal filtering system we have and go directly into the lungs. The lungs then absorb the ions and flush them further into the bloodstream.
6. Repeat the inhalation frequently to relief inflammation and pains associated with asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia, and other less dangerous chronic conditions (like winter colds and allergies).
SHARE THE ARTICLE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY