Shedding hair is a normal thing. However, if you notice excess hair loss, then it is time for you to take it seriously. Thinning of hair is another warning sign. If you wish to treat hair loss effectively, then it is important to understand the causes first. When you figure out the root cause of the problem, it becomes easier for you to deal with it in an effective manner.
Major causes of hair loss
Let’s see what contributes to hair loss in a major way:
- Hormonal issues can lead to hair loss easily. If there is imbalance in oestrogen and androgens levels in your body, it can make way for hair loss.
- Pregnancy and childbirth can have a direct impact on your hormonal levels. This might affect the health of your hair follicles. However, such type of hair loss can be temporary.
- Consuming birth control pills can affect the health of your hair as it results in hormonal changes in your body.
- Menopause can also induce hair loss as your body is subjected to hormonal changes.
- Sometimes, certain medications can be the villain. Antidepressants and blood thinners can make way for hair loss.
- Lack of nutrition can also result in poor health of your hair. Improper diet can be a major cause behind excess hair loss. When your body doesn’t get the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals, it can result in poor health of your hair.
- Psychological stress can also impact hair loss. Metabolic issues, surgery, sudden weight loss, prolonged illness etc. also can affect hair loss. You can count high fever also in this.
Hair loss treatment
As far as the hair treatment is concerned, the cause plays a big role in the treatment. If you are not concerned about hair loss, then there is no need for you to treat it.
Different people opt for different treatment options. Female hair loss is not as severe as male hair loss. Some people prefer medicines. And some people would prefer hair transplant surgery. Some people would like to simply conceal the hair loss by wearing hairpieces like toupees or wigs, instead of treating the condition. You can also opt for different hair styles if it helps in concealing the hair loss.
If hair loss is caused by stress, certain medication or illness, then you go to the root cause of the problem to address it. You stop the medicine which is causing hair fall. Or you treat the underlying disease which causes hair loss.
As far as hair loss treatment is concerned, it is mostly about your appearance. If you are really concerned about the way it makes you look, then you can go for serious treatment. And some medicines might come with side effects. Speaking of surgery, it comes with its own risks.
Inherited hair loss
If the hair loss is inherited, then you have to go for treatment which meant for it. Here you will be focussing on preventing hair loss. You will try to promote hair growth. Also, you will try to cover the bald areas. As far as the effectiveness of the treatment is concerned, it might not be the same for everyone.