When it comes to making yourself a drink that will refresh you this spring and at the same time help you lose weight, you should choose the lemon, cucumber and mint water. Instead of choosing regular water, you can drink this naturally flavored water which is easy to make and is so beneficial.
There are so many detox waters and drinks on the market, however this one is the easiest to make, provides you with the necessary vitamins and minerals and it won’t cost you much. Drinking the lemon, cucumber and mint water, you will get to:
- Lose Weight: Lemon will curb your hunger and keep you from overeating. Cucumbers will help you speed up your metabolism and help you relieve constipation problems. The mint will control and reduce your sugar intake.
- Have a perfectly flawless skin: The Vitamin C will clear any imperfections on your skin, such as acne. This drink will keep your skin smooth and elastic by keeping it hydrated, mostly because of the cucumber. It will also reduce dark circles and puffiness around your eyes.
- Have a healthy digestive system– If you try drinking the lemon, cucumber and mint water, you can say goodbye to any problems caused by your digestive system, such as: gas, heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion. The lemons and cucumber are both powerful diuretics, so you won’t feel bloated.
Here is the use and purpose of each of the three ingredients:
- Lemon– the abundance of vitamin C in lemon, detoxes, cleans and rejuvenates your whole body. Drinking lemon water on an empty stomach helps you clean your digestion system and boosts your immunity. Therefore, sliced or squeezed lemon in your water, is the best alternative to weight loss and health.
- Cucumber- cucumber contains 90% of water, so adding slices of it will hydrate your system and also provide it some essential minerals. The vitamins A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium in the cucumber are beneficial for the following problems: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, arthritis, bad breath and even cancer.
- Mint- it will definitely spice up your water and also aid, support your digestive system and relieve your stomach muscles, as well. As a high antioxidant, it beats the following diseases: allergies, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), skin problems and common cols.
How to Make Your Lemon Mint and Cucumber Water?
You will need the following ingredients to make your detox water:
- 12 cups of filtered water ( 3 quarts )
- 1 medium organic cucumber
- 2-3 small organic lemons
- 10-12 organic mint leaves
After having washed the lemons and cucumber slice them and put them in a pitcher. Add the mint, as well. Cover them with the filtered water and put the container into your fridge for at least 4 hours overnight.
You can also optionally add ice cubes for your drink to be extra cold. And voila, here’s your lemon, mint and cucumber water! Enjoy!