3 Best Kidney Detox Juice Recipes
Kidneys are amazing tiny organs located below the ribs, on both sides of your spine. They play a vital role in our bodies and filter out any toxins and waste from the bloodstream. Toxins can affect almost all the organs in your body, so keeping your kidney health is crucial for your overall health.
They can also help you with:
- creating hormones that regulate the blood pressure
- electrolyte balance
- removing all the excess waste and fluids from your body
- regulation of the PH, salt, and potassium levels in your body
It is estimated that kidney disease affects 37 million Americans and around 90 % of the affected population do not know they have it. It is one of the leading causes of death in the United States and affects mostly adults with high blood pressure and diabetes.
How To Detoxify Your Kidney Fast And Naturally?
The best way to take care of your kidneys is by diet and healthy life behaviors such as :
- Drinking plenty of water (essential for human health and it is recommended eight glasses per day by many health professionals (1)
- Drink kidney cleansing teas ( sambong (2), hydrangea)
- Reduce sodium intake (NDDK recommends people reduce it to 2,300 mg a day to reduce the risk of kidney disease (3)
- Make healthy food choices ( add more berries, lemons, apples, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean meats to your diet (chicken and seafood) )
- Avoid or limit the following foods ( sugar and artificial sweeteners, alcohol, coffee, processed foods, high sodium food, and animal proteins such as beef and pork)
- Do not smoke (it may damage your blood vessels and increase your chances of getting kidney cancer)
- Add some supplements that are kidney supportive (vitamin B6 is very important for metabolic reactions)
3 Best Detox Kidney Juices
As mentioned, drinking a lot of water is the first and most important step in cleansing your kidneys. However, water provides only hydration. Some other natural homemade remedies can help you flush and detox your kidneys and provide a natural extra cleansing boost. It will also improve their function, reduce bloating, and improves their ability to process certain foods, absorb nutrients and convert food to energy.
There are some reasons why kidney cleansing juices are popular:
- They make your body quickly absorb all the beneficial nutrients from them
- They are very high in electrolytes and minerals and it is a combination of kidney cleansing herbs that have been scientifically proven and used as a traditional remedy for many generations
- They are organic and pure and very effective
- They have a delicious taste, better than the actual vegetable taste
We offer you 3 kidney detox juices that make an excellent choice for your detox plan and drinking them in the morning is an effective and best way to support your kidneys.
1. Beet kidney Detox Juice
This is one of the most popular juice recipes for kidney detox. It is a safe and effective diuretic and you feel the benefits quickly after drinking it.
How to prepare it?
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium beet
- 1 medium orange
- Peel the beetroot
- Mix all the ingredients in a juicer
- It is best to drink it fresh on an empty stomach, early in the morning
Preparation time: 5 minutes
2. Green Juice for Kidney Cleansing
From this recipe, you will get around 2L of juice. Cucumber is excellent for rehydration, while celery and lemons are great for flushing out all the toxins from your body.
- Four cucumbers
- One large celery stalk
- Half parsley stalk
- Two or three lemons or limes
- Root ginger ( optional)
- For juice fermenting - 1 cup of coconut water kefir
- You can also add half a stalk of basil leaves, half a stalk of mint leaves, or turmeric root (optional)
- Cucumbers, celery, and herbs should be washed in filtered water
- Chop them and put them into a juicer
- Put them through it and mix it well
- Drink the fresh juice with ice cubes
Probiotic version with fermentation method
- Top the freshly prepared green juice with the coconut water kefir in a glass jar.
- Let it ferment for four to six hours. It will increase the nutritional value and reduce the sugar content.
- You can chill it some time in the fridge and enjoy it afterward.
3. Parsley Kidney Detox Recipe
This is not a very delicious recipe, but it is very effective and is another natural way to cleanse your kidneys.
- Half cup of chopped cilantro
- Half cup of chopped parsley
- 1-inch ginger root
- One apple
- One lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Run all the ingredients through a juicer and taste it
- You may need some cinnamon or stevia to improve the taste
- Drink it fresh on an empty stomach in the morning
5 Best Cleansing Drinks For Kidneys
The following 5 fruit juices are also great cleansing kidney drinks and should be part of your diet if you have some kidney problems or want to prevent any kidney issues.
1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is also excellent for liver and kidney cleansing, and it can be found as an ingredient in many kidney and liver detox recipes. Lemons have the highest concentration of citrate, which naturally prevents kidney stones' formation.
Lemon juice can lower the citrate levels in urine and prevent the formation of kidney stones. They are acidic and simply quickly purge all the toxins from the body. Taking it daily can reduce the chances of getting kidney stones and dissolve calcium oxalate crystals. (4)
You can make a hot drink by adding half a lemon to 8 ounces of hot water early in the morning and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
Some people combine lemon and olive oil, and this ensures the smooth passage of kidney stones. This is another useful homemade remedy for kidney stones.
For liver cleansing, make a juice of half-natural lemon with purified water and drink it to cleanse your liver.
2. Beet juice
Beet juice contains a very useful phytochemical betaine, which lowers the urine's acidity and has some other antioxidant qualities. One study showed it could reduce acid levels and improve kidney function in mice. (5)
It can also help clean the calcium phosphate from your kidney and improve kidney function.
3. Cranberry juice
It has been known for years as one of the best for the urinary tract. It can also prevent bacteria from sticking to your kidney's wall, which leads to kidney stone formation.
It is also scientifically backed for its beneficial effects in preventing urinary infections. (6)
You should always opt for natural organic cranberry juice and avoid those with added sweeteners. They also prevent the adhesion of the bacteria to the bladder and urethra.
4. Parsley juice
Parsley is another nutrient-dense natural diuretic that can increase urination and flush out the bacteria from the kidneys faster. (7) Since research in humans is limited, additional research is needed.
You might not like the parsley taste, but you can always add it to your favorite green smoothie and some cranberries for even better results!
However, it is very easy to make it and you need some chopped fresh parsley (15 gr.) or 2 tablespoons of dried parsley and one cup of boiling water to prepare it!
5. Apple juice
Apples contain one fiber, pectin that it is very beneficial for kidneys. They are low in sodium and potassium, so they are great for your kidney-friendly diet. If you choose a low potassium drink, it will keep you hydrated all day and will decrease the chances of getting too much potassium which is harmful to your kidneys.
- Kidneys are amazing tiny organs that play a vital role in our bodies and filter out any toxins and waste from the bloodstream.
- Drinking a lot of water is the first and most important step in cleansing your kidneys, but some other natural homemade remedies can help you flush and detox your kidneys and provide a natural extra cleansing boost.
- Kidney cleansing juices are popular because they are a safe and effective diuretic and you feel the benefits quickly after drinking them. They are very high in electrolytes and minerals and it is a combination of kidney cleansing herbs that have been scientifically proven and used as a traditional remedy for many generations. They are organic and pure and very effective and very delicious.