We all know the perils we face every morning knowing that our teeth aren’t exactly the kind of white we want them to be. It’s a matter of concern since our teeth are the first thing visible to everyone around us whenever we smile. Everyone’s out there may be thinking of a good solution and it usually comes out sounding like an expensive and lengthy process.
Teeth are naturally white but over time, lose their shine due to enamel thinning and staining with age. Often caused due to natural eating disorders, the enamel starts to corrode as we consume more sugary foods turning our mouth further acidic. The staining is caused by nasty chemicals in cigarettes and beverages like coffee and soda. All this could be avoided entirely by maintaining a healthy diet, which itself takes a while to become habits. Here are some inexpensive ways to turn your teeth white in 10 minutes without using anything fancy like a teeth whitening pen.
Baking soda with toothpaste
You might have already heard about the properties of baking soda and how they could help whiten your teeth. This is because baking soda helps clean out the tartar and plaque that builds up, also responsible for staining the enamel.
- Plaque and tartar are caused because of the bacteria in our mouth combined with the residual food consumed throughout the day; floss once a week to ensure good health.
- Baking soda helps break down and remove the layers of tartar and plaque. One of the most common methods is to simply add baking soda to your toothpaste and brushing your teeth – the changes could really blow you away!
- Baking soda will also slowly heal the enamel over time if used correctly with coconut oil.
Other methods include mixing baking soda with lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide and making a paste, then using that paste to brush your teeth gently in circular motion for about a minute, then rinse it out thoroughly.
Wood ash = shinier polish
Ash may seem unhygienic, but it has a good reputation when it comes to clearing out teeth stains.
- Ash has an abrasive property that could really polish those pearls better than that of any teeth whitening pen.
- Wood ash will serve the purpose quite well since it is readily available and are perfectly sized granules for polishing.
- Adding a small amount of ash to your toothpaste before brushing will polish your teeth to perfection.
One thing to watch out for when using ash is to not use it on a regular basis. Wood ash contains potassium hydroxide capable of damaging your teeth if used frequently.
Turmeric with coconut oil
You might be wondering why turmeric?
- Yes, it may be known as something that you would never want on your white clothes because of permanent staining, but it can be a really effective way to whiten your teeth.
- Turmeric too is abrasive, which helps take off stain over time and return the shine to its prime. Turmeric is also useful for preventing various gum diseases through its antibacterial properties.
To make the perfect combination for use, mix a teaspoon of turmeric with half a tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 or 3 drops of peppermint essential oil and mix them until you end up with a thick paste.
Brush your teeth for 3 to 5 minutes over one week to get the best results, and this inexpensive method works far better than that of any teeth whitening pen.
Sea salt as a mineral
Sea salt is a mineral-rich version of the salt we usually use on our food.
- The minerals such as calcium, silicon, magnesium, sodium and phosphorous greatly help with the rebuilding and polishing of the enamel.
- They may restore the enamel if damaged and has proven itself a usefully inexpensive teeth whitening substance.
You could either gargle with sea salt or add it to your toothpaste before brushing for the best effects, you will thank us later.
Orange and banana peels
Peels are essential to fruit coverings and extremely useful for whitening teeth. Rubbing the white insides of the peels for a few minutes before brushing your teeth will do the trick.
- Banana peel could be used to restore the white shine of your teeth since it helps to repair the enamel over time.
- Orange peels, on the other hand, are also very useful due to its base ph level.
Rubbing the white insides of orange peel or chewing it will reduce acidity inside the mouth, and save your teeth from decaying.
Sum everything up
These are a few of the most effective tips for reviving the shine to your teeth inexpensively and very fast. Although some teeth conditions may call for the attention of your dentist, these methods will keep your teeth looking their best, better if you own a teeth whitening pen and save your time.